Rail on the Woodrow Wilson Bridge would offer commuters an alternative to sitting in traffic.
- Rail line has the passenger capacity of about six lanes of rush-hour traffic.
- Rail would create an additional transportation option for rush hour drivers, 80% of whom are local commuters.
- Rail would connect people to jobs in Alexandria, National Harbor, and beyond.
- Rail in place of HOV lanes and ramps would allow smaller interchanges and reduce environmental damage.
- Rail service can accommodate growing volume by adding more rail cars and more frequent trains.